Emergency Travel Insurance
ARTA’s Emergency Travel Insurance has no termination age, no pre-existing conditions clauses, and no stability clauses*
- 100% coverage for sudden and unforeseen eligible emergency medical travel expenses when you leave your province of residence
- Lifetime maximum of $5 million per covered person
- 92 days of coverage per trip, resetting when you return to your province of residence (even just for a cup of coffee!)
- Trip cancellation/interruption of up to $10,000 per trip per covered person
- Effective February 1, 2022, ARTA will covers medical emergency expenses related to COVID-19, even while a travel advisory related to COVID-19 is in effect.
- Return of excess baggage up to $500
- Hospital accommodations and physicians' services
- Private-duty nursing ($5,000 per calendar year)
- Drug, diagnostic services, aids, and appliances
- Emergency transportation (ground and air)
- Return of dependant children, animal companion, or vehicle
- Repatriation of deceased member
- Paramedical services (three practitioners - $250/year)
*The Primary Health Benefit Plan travel insurance is designed for those who did not previously have employer-sponsored benefit coverage. It includes 15 days per trip, with a 90-day stability clause, and with no Supplementary Travel Insurance option available.